The Founders of the Bulgarian State Curtural Complex
The complex was inaugurated in 1981 at the 1300-th anniversary of the foundation of the Bulgarian Kingdom, whose capital was town of Pliska. Very originally, using the language of architecture and sculpture, the most distinguished pioneer builders of Bulgaria are presented: its founder – Khan Asparouh, Khan Tervel - the great diplomat, Khan Kroum – the legislator, Khan Omourtag – the builder. A special place is reserved for Knyaz Boris, who converted the Bulgarians to Christianity. A special room is reserved for the presentation of Tsar Simeon Veliki – the symbol of the “golden” 10-th century for the Bulgarian Kingdom.
Enormous colourful mosaic illustrate the conversion toChristianity and the sacred deed of the creators of the Cyrillic alphabet the brothers St.St. Cyril and Methodius and their disciples.
At the top, on a concrete block a gigantic granite lion is placed which can be seen even from as far as Madara.
Museum Association “Itineraries of cultural tourism – Eastern Bulgaria” 2004